Structural Engineer Job Description – Concrete and Steel
- Design various reinforced concrete and post tensioned concrete, and steel structures
- Undertake structural analysis with software, spreadsheets and hand calculations
- Prepare high-quality reports and other related documents
- Ensuring that all designs are up to a high standard and meet local specifications
- Manage a small drafting team of two
- Undertake site inspections
- Minimum four years’ experience, and must hold a relevant degree in civil engineering or similar
- technically astute across structural steel and/or FRP packages of work, including precast panel works
- must have Autocad knowledge and be experienced in shop detailing for structural steel and concrete packages and be able to manage 1 -2 drafting resources
- experienced in project set-up, getting works to ground from pre-contracts stage, dealing with off-shore suppliers, and compiling/scoping out packages of work
- Demonstrated experience in helping to deliver technically challenging projects, particularly structures (steel or concrete) related through on-site supervision and management of construction activities
- Previous experience with a top/mid-tier or specialist New Zealand or Australasian civil engineering company or similar
- A practical-minded hands-on approach coupled with excellent communication and people skills
- A solutions-orientated attitude with a desire to progress in your chosen civil engineering profession
Average salary: $110k to $150k
Salary is based on © 2021 Indeed statistics and research, view their website here.
This Structural Engineer job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Structural Engineer – Concrete and Steel
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.