Technical Project Manager Job Description
A Technical Project Manager typically has a background as either an experienced & qualified Civil Engineer. They would ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget.
A Technical Project Manager is expected to be an expert for the specified department in which they work within the company. Additionally, they will hire and train additional support member in a business’s tech department, using their industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.
- Develop and maintain Client Relationships both internal and external.
- Attend site meetings and visit clients to ensure delivery targets are met.
- Manage long term relationships with key external and internal suppliers
- Businesses supply contracts management from start to finish
- Overview of drafting and design functions
- Generate shop drawings with all relevant dimensions and finishes to the latest project engineering and architectural drawings
- Manage the material approvals process ahead of manufacture
- Assist the production team in ensuring all information is supplied and delivered promptly
- Work with the QA team to ensure quality control.
- Relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, or have relevant industry experience in a related field.
- Post-Grad Engineering experience would be advantageous
- Previous work history within the Aust/NZ construction market or have had previous experience working with the main contractor
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
Average Salary: $70k to $150k AUD
Salary is based on © here.PayScale statistics and research, view their website
This job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/ New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Technical Project Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Keep up to date with industry news and job opportunities through the ConsultANZ Recruitment LinkedIn page.
CPB Contractors and Downer EDI Works have been awarded the $1.18 billion contract for the Warringah Freeway upgrade.
Works on two intersection upgrades on the Carnarvon Highway are complete. These upgrades are of many that fall under the $4.9b ROSI initiative.