Shovel Ready Projects Australia
In response to economic impacts from COVID-19, the Australian Government announced a $1.5 billion package to invest in infrastructure which includes $1 billion for Shovel Ready projects that can support jobs immediately.
Across the country this initiative delivers projects that can get underway now and over the next six months, providing an immediate boost to the economy and local jobs.
This investment is part of the Australian Government’s $100 billion, 10-year infrastructure pipeline, which is laying the foundations of a financial bridge to recovery on the other side of COVID-19.
Shovel Ready Infrastructure Investment Program projects:
Australian Capital Territory
- Intersection upgrade package PDF: 328 KB
- Canberra Light Rail – new Mitchell Light Rail Stop PDF: 329 KB
- Northbourne Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation Package PDF: 329 KB
New South Wales
- Urban Arterials Asphalt Program PDF: 414 KB
- Carpentaria Hwy Strengthening and Widening PDF: 417 KB
- Stuart Hwy Strengthening & Widening (Urban) PDF: 1823 KB
- Stuart Hwy Strengthening & Widening (Regional) PDF: 331 KB
- Burke Developmental Road – Progressive sealing PDF: 329 KB
- Cloncurry–Dajarra Road upgrade PDF: 335 KB
- Gregory Developmental Road (Charters Towers to The Lynd) PDF: 2029 KB
- Richmond–Winton Road upgrade PDF: 336 KB
- Regional Economic Enabling Fund PDF: 329 KB
- Gateway Motorway Flyover PDF: 329 KB
- Tamborine-Oxenford Road: Howard Creek upgrade PDF: 329 KB
- Heysen Tunnel refit and safety upgrade PDF: 327 KB
- Regional North-South Freight Route PDF: 328 KB
- Regional Road Network Package PDF: 527 KB
- Adventure Way and Innamincka Airport access road PDF: 329 KB
- Railton Main Road PDF: 2210 KB
- State Road Network enhancements PDF: 328 KB
- Richmond Road PDF: 1477 KB
- Campbell Town Pedestrian underpass PDF: 327 KB
- Bridge Strengthening Upgrades PDF: 1101 KB
- Regional Rail Revival PDF: 375 KB
- Princes Highway East – Complete the duplication between Traralgon and Sale PDF: 414 KB
- Bussell Highway Duplication Stage 1 and 2 PDF: 329 KB
- Exmouth Roads Package – Minilya to Exmouth Road Widening PDF: 331 KB
- Exmouth Roads Package – Yardie Creek Road Realignment PDF: 330 KB
- Thomas Road Upgrade PDF: 2237 KB
- Great Eastern Highway – Coates Gully Bridge Upgrade PDF: 329 KB
- Toodyay Road – Jingaling Brook to Toodyay PDF: 329 KB
Source: © Copyright, Commonwealth of Australia
The major migration update for Australia is accelerating the process of accepting visas, allowing visa holders to travel to Australia and making up lost time due to border closures.
Construction Industry Survey release by Civil Contractors New Zealand and Teletrac Navman reveals the battle of skill and worker shortages and cost escalations.