Construction Estimator Job Description
Construction Estimators draw up, estimate and determine the overall cost of a construction project. They have knowledge in construction, design, costs of labour, budgets, architecture, investments, and supply costs, allowing them to predict an accurate price. This is a rewarding career as Construction Estimators generally work on large-scale and high-profile projects.
- Determine overall costs for labour, planning for blueprints, equipment, costs of materials, site drawings, and other elements that are involved in the construction project
- Reduce high costs and improve efficiency to advise clients on unnecessary tasks and duties
- Liaise with surveyors, construction workers and managers, contractors, architects, and local authorities to plan and determine whether a project is feasible
- Ensure construction progress is within the estimated budget and track any upward trends in costs
- Make adjustments to material use and find suppliers for clients to meet targets and requirements
- Set up report processes
- Recommend different ways clients can reduce costs
- Interpret exchange rates, surcharges, and inflation for the construction project
- Negotiate deals and request quotes from suppliers for the client
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, mathematics, architecture, or any other relevant qualifications
- A driver’s license to travel between work sites
- Strong analytical skills to provide accurate estimates of projects
- Latest knowledge of the largest building codes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must hold a WHS White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- Work in an office or on-site environment
- Workload can be excessive during busy/critical periods of construction projects
- Safety equipment must be worn during the on-site construction phase
- Approximately $94,556 per year in Australia
- Approximately $95,656 per year in New Zealand
This Construction Estimator job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for Construction Estimators
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications and job opportunities in Australia and New Zealand.
Mine Surveyor job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand through ConsultANZ.