Site Manager Job Description
Site Managers are critical workers in the construction industry who must have strong project management skills, knowledge of building regulations, and occupational health and safety protocols. As a Site Manager, you will oversee and direct various projects from the beginning through completion without going over the budget. Also, you will ensure that the project is completed to the client’s specifications and on time.
- Reviewing building practices to ensure compliance with forecast budgets, health and safety guidelines, and project management procedures
- Implementing and updating documentation as required, such as incident reports and the whole process of site construction
- Managing overall site performance of construction processes, including liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Overseeing the direction of a construction project and finding solutions to problems that occur
- Negotiating contracts with clients
- Prepare budgets and ensure that the construction team uses them in the most economical way
- Securing permits and licenses for projects
- Must hold a WHS White Card to certify that you have completed the working safely on construction sites course
- In-depth knowledge of construction best practices
- Attention to detail to spot potential problems before they arise
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiar with the state-wide regulations for working on construction sites and building
- Conflict resolution abilities and confidence in dealing with multiple people, including tradespeople, customers, stakeholders, and supervisors
- Work in an office environment during the planning/reviewing stages of a project
- Work on-site during the construction phase of a project
- Safety equipment must be worn during the on-site construction phase
- May include long working hours, especially when a project nears completion
- $125k – $145k per year in Australia
- $110k – $140k per year in New Zealand
This Site Manager job description is a guideline only and will vary depending on the company, project and location within the Australian/New Zealand market.
Job Opportunities for a Site Manager
ConsultANZ Recruitment – We consult our Clients on their hiring needs and our Candidates on their career prospects.
Office Administrator, Engineering – job description, salary, requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.
Environmental Specialist job description, salary requirements, qualifications, and job opportunities for Australia and New Zealand.